Notices of Default: December 2007

Thursday, January 24, 2008, 22:45 —by Joe Crawford
This item was posted in Real Estate in San Diego category and has 8 Comments so far.

via Paul Kedrosky, a very interesting graph with some harrowing numbers for housing in San Diego, graph originally on the SDUT:

SDUT Foreclosure Graph

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

8 Responses to “Notices of Default: December 2007”

1. San Diego cosmetic doctor said on Monday, February 18, 2008, 17:13

Very sad to see this! But, many San Diego buyers in 2005 thought the real estate boom would never end.

I follow a local San Diego real estate broker’s blog http://www.brokerforyou.com/brokerforyou
    that has predicted this back in 2005.

Jim

2. Gloria said on Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 21:26

With the house market being in a slump and this trickeling down to the auto industry well, I recently had the following happen to me. Not sure if anyone cares but here you go:
    I had taken out a line of credit for $90,000 wiht WAMU and just out of nowhere WAMU decided to lower my credit limit without notifying me, I only found out when I tried to use my credit card & it was declined. I called the customer service & spoke to three diffrent people who told me three diffrent reasons, but to make a story short they ended up closing my line of credit (credit card) & then transfered me to the lost & stolen credit card department so that they could issue me a new card. The lady kept asking me if I lost it, I said no, WAMU told me that they accidentaly closed it. I still have my credit card & it doesn’t expire until 5/08.So she took some info & said they would send me a new one.
    I have never been late on a payment, I have good, if not excellent credit score, and my credit report does not have anything negative, I have not made a majoy purchase, WAMU did not want to fax me anything in writing as I requested, they have not send me anything via mail to inform me of the reason they reduced my credit limit and then closed my line of credit. I think they are covering there behinds because of the poeple that have had to foreclose on their homes. I don’t blame them but its a sad way how they are being sneeky and not in good faith. I’m sure I am not the first & I probobly won’t be the last. One of the WAMU reps I spoke to said that their was a glitch in the system & that it affected several accounts & that I was one of them, then the second guy told me that it was based on my credit score which I had another person at WAMU fax me the copy that shows my credit score is great. So I
    know they are lying. All I got from WAMU was the run around, rudness, hang-ups, placed on hold for a long time, and not a straight forward answer.
    I want people to be aware of this. WAMU is being very sneeky & if you know if this is illegal or if there is somewhere I can file a formal complaint please let me know. I wouldn’t want WAMU to report false or inaccurate information to the Credit Reporting Agencies, for example: that I requested the account to be closed when it is not tru. Well I plan to open a bank account with a new bank and go from there until I am no longer with WAMU. I was a loyal customer until now. Thanks for listening. :)

3. JP Sherwood said on Thursday, March 13, 2008, 8:42

This is sad, however we do need to keep moving on to recover. We can’t just sit around talking about the crisis. Right now consumer confidence is low. We need to get some more transactions going to push past this.

4. Justin Chimento said on Monday, March 31, 2008, 11:22

Economic Update – March 31, 2008 – Last Week in the News

Sales of existing homes unexpectedly rose 2.9% in February, the first increase in seven months, the National Association of REALTORS® said March 24. “The improvement is another sign that the market is stabilizing,” said NAR chief economist Lawrence Yun. The median existing-home sales price in February was $195,900, down 8.2% from a year earlier.
    February sales of new single-family homes fell 1.8% to a 13-year low, the Commerce Department said March 26. The decline was slightly worse than expected. The median new-home sales price in February was $244,100, down 2.7% from the level of a year ago.
    Orders for durable goods — items expected to last three or more years — fell 1.7% in February, worse than the 1% increase economists had predicted, the Commerce Department reported March 26. Demand for manufacturing equipment plunged 13.3%, the largest amount on record.
    On March 27, the Commerce Department confirmed data showing that the nation’s gross domestic product (GDP), which measures the value of all goods and services produced in the United States, crawled home at a 0.6% annual rate for the 2007 October-to-December quarter. In the prior quarter, GDP sizzled at 4.9%.
    Consumer spending, which accounts for two-thirds of the U.S. economy, edged up just 0.1% in February, the weakest spending performance in 17 months, the Commerce Department said March 28. The modest gain was in line with forecasts.
    For the week ending March 27, interest rates on 30-year fixed-rate mortgages nudged downward, according to Freddie Mac’s Primary Mortgage Market Survey®.
    For the week ending March 21, mortgage applications shot up 48.1%, the Mortgage Bankers Association said. Refinances surged 82.2% while purchase business improved 10.6%.
    Economic news due out this week includes the highly anticipated unemployment report on April 4.
    Economic data compiled from government reports and news services Bloomberg.com, msnbc.com, cnbc.com, cnn.money.com and Yahoo Economic Calendar.
    Search Every Home For Sale in San Diego! – - No Registration !

5. Craig said on Saturday, May 10, 2008, 13:21

I think this problem will continue to grow. We’re seeing a surge in property management services based on the situation in the housing market. Folks aren’t able to sell their homes so they are forced to rent their properties out. The good news is that the rental market is still quite strong. At Advent Property Management we’re seeing a consistent 1-2% vacancy rate which means that even if you are facing foreclosure you still have a strong option to rent your property and avoid a serious ding on your credit.

6. San Diego Foreclosures said on Friday, May 16, 2008, 21:26

Very interesting post and information. The increase has been significant and our real estate team has seen a big increase in business. All you have to do is look at our foreclosures for sale on our website and you will likely find more foreclosures for sale in San Diego County then you’ve seen in the last 15 years. You would have to back to the early to mid 90′s to find a similar market to the one we have today.

What makes this market better then what we had before? Unemployment numbers are much better now then they were in the 90′s. That is the big difference today!

7. San Diego Property Management said on Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 22:30

I’m interested to see what the current foreclosure rate is for March 2009. I’d be surprised if the rate of foreclosures don’t start tapering off this year. We’re already seeing changes with reductions in new property management customers.

8. vince said on Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 16:10

The housing market is still a hot topic, I was just in another site http://www.sandiegotalk.net where people are still talking how they lost their home values drop.