Who Needs a Job in San Diego?

Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 12:14 —by News Gal
This item was posted in San Diego Events, San Diego Jobs, San Diego People, Volunteering in San Diego category and has 6 Comments so far.

Who needs jobs in San Diego? It can be hard to get a job, hold down a job, or find a job that truly makes you happy in San Diego. However, San Diego does offer frequent, diverse job fairs to help eager San Diegans find a job, or seek out a new job.

Attention unemployed and unhappily employed people in San Diego. If you need a new job in San Diego, listen up—there is a huge, free job fair Tuesday, May 22nd at the San Diego Convention Center.

Hosted by Jobing.com, this San Diego job fair offers free admission, free resume review, and free career workshops presented by San Diego employers. This fair welcomes hundreds of San Diego employers representing the diverse employment scene in San Diego. Attending employers include: AT&T, Century 21 Horizon, Chula Vista Police Department, Expedia Home Loans Inc., The Active Network Inc., Seaworld, UCSD, and many more.

If you want to work or volunteer in San Diego real estate, education, events, or entertainment, attend a job fair to meet other likeminded people in San Diego and network your way into a new job.

6 Responses to “Who Needs a Job in San Diego?”

1. mikey said on Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 19:46

Thanks for the info! This whole “trying to win the lottery” thing isn’t working very well. It’s going almost as bad as trying to get by on my looks.

2. Natalia said on Friday, August 3, 2007, 10:16

Hi!
    I´m from Brazil… I´m going to San Diego to spend the winter.. is a kind of exchange progam… I´m gonna have a J1 visa, so I´ll be able to work during this time (4 month.. the winter season)…
    I´d like to know if you could help me to find something… give me some places to look for a job! Last year I did the same thing in a jewery store at Foxwoods Resort Casino (CT), and it was very nice to me!
    Natalia Torres

3. margareth said on Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 16:50

hi!!
    This is margarita and i am planing to travel and live in san diego but i would like to find a job, I speak english and spanish and i little be french.That is posible the give to me the oportunity to work part time o full time
    thank a lot if do you want more information please sent to me a resumen. bye have a nice day

4. WorldBeat Cultural Center said on Monday, December 10, 2007, 18:20

The WorldBeat Cultural Center is a multi-Cultural Center in Balboa Park. We are seeking volunteers for our many programs including: Community Garden, Event Production, Technology, Classes and much more!!! Please check our website and come get involved today!!

WorldBeat Cultural Center
    2100 Park Blvd San Diego CA 92101
    events@worldbeatcenter.org
    619-2301190
    WorldBeat Cultural Center

5. Christopher Korman said on Sunday, May 18, 2008, 18:38

I have been trying to find a job that will utilize my show Business upbringing because of the fact that my father is Harvey Korman.I love inneracting with actors,singers,directors,performing artists.I just want to find a career endeavor as a : Host/Greeter/support system for performers in which I can bestowe the wisdom of 36 yrs of show business exposure.Iam also looking for full time career endeavors as a host/greeter/receptionist in upper scale dining/lounge/bar/clubs.I speak show business and can handle VIPS and there matching egos.I just love inneracting and making people smile feel good about the path there on in their own creative and spiritual journey.Life is to short not to find a endeavor that lights up the human soul.If anyone who is seriously wanting to sit down and talk to me and find a way to utilize my upbringing please call me and lets talk seriously.
    we can have lunch or dinner and talk,
    i

6. Pansy said on Monday, September 14, 2009, 10:49

Christopher,I just read your post and hope you’ve found what you’re looking for by now. The post is old. Do you have an agent? You should. Someone with your connections has a lot to offer. You could open your own agency. I’ve found that there is a shortage of agencies that handle comedians at least in my city. A lot of agents are smarmy and just not to be trusted. If you got your name out there and you’re honest people would flock to you. I remember your father and loved his work. Good luck.