Anyone Want Some M&Ms? Wigg’d Out Spears Performs in San Diego

Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:07 —by News Gal
This item was posted in Funny and Offbeat, San Diego Concerts and Music, San Diego Entertainment category and has 7 Comments so far.

There was a mysterious hype about a possible Britney Spears show in San Diego last night. My curiosity wouldn’t let me not go. I’m really not a big fan—never was, probably never will be; but out of all the concerts in San Diego, this was not a “comeback” performance to miss. Lucky enough for me and hundreds of San Diego Spears fans, the hype was right.

House of Blues hosted a snapshot concert for Britney Spears last night. It was short, it was awkward, it was funny; it was definitely not a comeback. For about 15 minutes a wigg’d out Spears sang all her old hits while crazy fans shrieked and sang along. Surprisingly, true fans never lost faith in Spears.

Some things I still do not understand are: why Spears used a fake band name and why she chose the name: The M&Ms. Perhaps it’s an inside joke at rehab? I think it’s an interesting tactic to attempt a comeback under a fake name. Good thinking Brit. Oops she did it again.

Rumor has it: The M&Ms tour continues up the coast to all the House of Blues locales in California. I wonder if she’ll perform or cancel.

Any San Diego fans know the scoop on Spears?

7 Responses to “Anyone Want Some M&Ms? Wigg’d Out Spears Performs in San Diego”

1. sdguy said on Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 10:16

All I want to know is did she sport the shaved head or no?

Oh, and p.s. – curiosity killed the cat… be careful, going to a Britney Spears concert nowadays is bordering on dangerous(ly crazy).

2. News Gal said on Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 11:54

haha, I know- it was just too funny to miss. And, unfortunately- she did not sport the shaved head… 100% alllll wigg’d out.

3. Miss Clare said on Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 12:44

I heard M&Ms means Mom & Ms.
    As in, she’s a momma and no longer a Mrs. . .

Poor Britney.

4. mlis said on Thursday, May 3, 2007, 2:46

im going to her san francisco show at the red devil lounge. i love brit.

5. News Gal said on Thursday, May 3, 2007, 9:12

I had no idea she was playing in SF. I thought it was just all of the SoCal House of Blues…

6. Athena said on Tuesday, May 8, 2007, 19:32

I liked your comments, at least you got to go, I would have went if I had the funds, however, she needs support! I support Britney, I am an aspiring lyricist myself and I go as eminef ( M & F ) Marshal Madonna Fan, but it is deeper than that, that is why I laughed when I saw M & M…anyways, I am the smurfette of smurf, and a rapper, good to meet ya! take care: ATHENA aka EMINEF

7. john said on Monday, May 14, 2007, 6:06

Wait a minute, diddnt MilliVanilli get chastized for the lip sync routine?The house of Blues used to be a venue for good rock and blues music, the originator is probably spinning in his grave.What garbage.I wish that insane little girl Britney would just go away for good.