San Diego Shopping

Friday, November 24, 2006, 22:15 —by sdguy
This item was posted in Shopping in San Diego category and has 8 Comments so far.

So with today having been Black Friday and all, the biggest shopping day of the year, it’s likely that from here till New Years shopping will be on the rise. So where in San Diego are the best deals and unique gifts to be found?

I’m familiar with the Cedros Design District which has its fair share of awesome little shops and galleries, the upscale boutique shopping in La Jolla, and the standard malls such as UTC, Fashion Valley, and Horton Plaza.

What other options are you considering for getting a great deal, something special, and hopefully avoiding the otherwise endless lines and frantic crowds?

Here’s a shortlist of some shopping resources:

8 Responses to “San Diego Shopping”

1. John said on Saturday, November 25, 2006, 0:16

Good to know about those gift certificate policies.

Have to say, a lot of my shopping will be done online. It’s just too convenient. Although, I’m sure I’ll be browsing the stores of Cardiff (PCH).

2. JeSais said on Saturday, November 25, 2006, 10:41

I like the Carlsbad outlet mall.

It’s close to my work, and I can swing by on my way home. For me its more about convenience and less about saving a couple of bucks…

3. sdguy said on Saturday, November 25, 2006, 12:02

Ah, great addition. I too like the outlet mall; it has a good mix of stores.

I think another fun place to spend a day finding some unique gifts while also just enjoying the experience is Old Town.

4. lemonade said on Sunday, November 26, 2006, 21:32

I went to the new Otay Ranch Town Center tonight, and although it is not completely open, they have some great stores, and it was not busy at all. They have an Anthropologie store (women’s clothing and gifts), I believe the only one in San Diego County. They also have a Cheesecake Factory too!

5. Brad said on Monday, November 27, 2006, 18:23

Actually there is another Anthropologie in San Diego in Carlsbad apparently.

1911 Calle Barcelona
    Carlsbad, CA 92009View Map
    (760) 436-9110

Gotta love cheesecake factory, had an always delicious lunch there yesterday… then some station sushi (in Solana) last night.

6. Maria Palma said on Wednesday, November 29, 2006, 0:43

I love shopping for artsy gifts at the Spanish Village Art Center in Balboa Park. There are many little boutiques downtown where you can find unique gifts as well…

7. interior decorator san diego said on Monday, December 25, 2006, 21:05

Here are a couple of my favorite places to shop in San Diego… for bath products… Soak in the City, Birdrock area of La Jolla, for cool interior design products… Cathedral in Hillcrest or Little Italy…

Hope this helps!!!

8. beachguy said on Friday, March 16, 2007, 7:34

Like most guys I have a hard time shopping for clothes but I found a store in East Village with some great stuff. Downtown shirts, casual t-shirts and shoes. The name of the place is “the District” and it is on 8th ave and Broadway. Check it out if you have a tough time figuring out what looks fashionable. They also have womens clothes.