Speed Traps?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 10:48 —by mas
This item was posted in General category and has 7 Comments so far.

Driving around San Diego this week I’ve seen a few speed traps on city streets. Up until yesterday the only traps I’ve seen have been on freeways. Be careful if you find yourself traveling …

• Banker’s Hill on 6th Avenue
  • Santee on Mission Gorge
  • I-15 North between Rancho Bernardo and Escondido

Anyone else spotted a speed trap?

7 Responses to “Speed Traps?”

1. JeSais said on Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 12:58

La Costa Blvd between El Camino Real and I-5
    and
    El Camino Real, south of Encinitas Blvd.

2. Sassy said on Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 14:35

I would love one in my neighborhood. Damn college kids are gonna kill someone.

3. ikes said on Wednesday, October 18, 2006, 16:25

yes please bring one to my block in normal heights.

4. Sassy said on Thursday, October 19, 2006, 9:22

Ikes, we are working with our councilman to get more stop signs in our neighborhood. So far we got 3 signs in and it only took 3 months. You need to fill out a form on city engineering’s web site and make sure to get your councilperson involved. I am in district 7 and Madaffer’s office is really on top of this stuff right now.

If you want more info, email me.

5. Kyle said on Monday, October 23, 2006, 0:15

The length of the 125 north and south from Mission Gorge Untill Grossmont exit. Then entire thing is one large speed trap, a day doesn’t go by now where I do not see a police officer sitting on the side of the freeway, most of the time, giving out a ticket.

6. Jenna said on Thursday, November 2, 2006, 20:47

La Jolla Blvd about dead center between 7-11 and Symbolic motors, they’re in the alley near the school crossing sign all the time. Shouldn’t be speeding there of course as it is near a school, but sometimes 25 feels like a crawl on that street which seems like it should be a 35er. be careful

7. joe said on Wednesday, February 6, 2008, 20:19

I15 southbound, under the over pass to westbound hwy 78. Escondido police in a motorcycle. He is usually there 10:00 am till about 12 noon weekdays.