Encinitas Politics Gettin’ Ugly!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006, 22:16 —by JeSais
This item was posted in General, San Diego Entertainment, San Diego Politics category and has 12 Comments so far.

12 Responses to “Encinitas Politics Gettin’ Ugly!”

1. ChrisN said on Thursday, October 12, 2006, 11:01

I saw that sign on the weekend, pretty messed up.

2. Jenn said on Thursday, October 12, 2006, 15:03

Seems Houlihan is no longer a whore, and now its “Jesus Says” …on another building: “Vote No Houlihan” sure do wish I had my camera with me.

3. Steve said on Thursday, October 12, 2006, 21:39

The guy is nuts. The guy’s friends are nuts. I know because I know them.

The encinitas council, minus Houlihan, were letting him get away with all sorts of things just to drive Houlihan nuts. She lives across the street from this guy. He finally went overboard. Oh, it wasn’t Jesus on the cross it was Houlihan. She has red hair and always wears dresses like that.

Only when this hit the press did code enforcement really come on line to clean this guy up.

Come over and see read some classic commentary at leucadia.blogspot.com. Also some good picts posted.

4. Jenn said on Friday, October 13, 2006, 9:04

Steve, thanks for the link! great blog. All this drama makes me wish I still lived in Leucadia… such fun.

5. Christine said on Saturday, October 14, 2006, 10:14

Well, I did know Maggie before she got into politics. She is a very good person and this guy is hard to see as anything but a total jerk. I was sad to read that she is recovering from cancer and I think it’s especially unChristian of this guy to be harassing her.

6. Ashley said on Monday, October 16, 2006, 14:10

I was in San Diego last weekend visiting a friend. After she picked me up at the airport and we headed north, we noticed the sign. We were horrified … and very upset that we missed the chance to take a photo.

Our question is… why does he think Houlihan is a whore… just regular-ole name calling or what?

7. bozology said on Sunday, October 22, 2006, 17:03

Maybe he’s just thinkin’ JESUS thinks Maggie is a whore, in which case it qualifies for the hearsay exception. Duhno why we all don’t hang a sign d’jour up to relieve pent up feelings that can’t be expressed face to face. Maybe if there were a couple of million FUCKBUSH signs burma-shaving I-5 we wouldn’t be ass deep in Iraq.

8. JP said on Thursday, October 26, 2006, 20:58

I have a blog about Encinitas/Leucadia issues that has some entertaining coverage of this drama if you want to scope it out: leucadia.blogpsot.com
    It’s some wacky stuff.

9. JP said on Thursday, October 26, 2006, 20:59

errrr…leucadia.blogspot.com
    pesky typos…

10. Brian Brady said on Saturday, November 4, 2006, 22:04

I completely disagree with Maggie Houlihan’s politics. I think her race stunt in Japan was an embarassment to the country, the county and her city.

That being said, I’d like to be the judge who gets the assault case on my docket when Mr. Houlihan punches the sign poster in the nose. The decision will be swift, just, and appropriate; I’ll let Mr Houlihan get one free shot in the courtroom.(and I’ll hold the guy’s arms)

Maggie you are a liberal…but you’re a “whore?”. Come on, is there no decency left?

11. JP said on Sunday, November 5, 2006, 10:43

Why do you hate half starved kittens by the side of the road in Japan so much? heh.

And what was Christy Guerin who receives a $2500 worker’s comp check every month doing in a marathon?

Encinitas politics sure is wacky.

12. greg said on Tuesday, June 10, 2008, 11:34

if you need an outstanding plumbing job at a fair price Visit