San Diego Voice & Viewpoint… no website?

Saturday, July 31, 2004, 4:30 —by Joe Crawford
This item was posted in San Diego News and Local Media category and has 17 Comments so far.

How come when I search for san diego voice & viewpoint on google, I get no results?

The Voice & Viewpoint’s editor, John Warren, sometimes appears on local TV, and used to appear regularly on The Editor’s Roundtable on KPBS.

So why don’t they have a website? Or do they, and I just am not seeing it?

17 Responses to “San Diego Voice & Viewpoint… no website?”

1. Kendall said on Thursday, February 2, 2006, 21:28

Still under construction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Susan said on Sunday, January 14, 2007, 12:20

It’s January 2007 and still under construction… Interesting…

I believe it is enough to have your pertinent info as you do, without “under construction”.

otherwise people think there will be more….

3. Joe Crawford said on Sunday, January 14, 2007, 12:27

Well there you go, they do have a domain name now — http://www.sdvoice.com/.

Thanks for the pointer Susan!

4. jahney said on Thursday, October 18, 2007, 22:51

It’s still under construction?????????

5. Austin said on Thursday, January 24, 2008, 9:24

The input by John Warren on The Editor’s Roundtable is not only valued, but greatly needed if San Diego’s African American community is going to have an impact on the affair’s of our city. It is also imperative that we have a working knowledge of what’s going on in our community before we tell them what we think about there’s. Let’s make this website happen and increase circulation of “our” newspaper!

6. sam said on Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 13:36

Like most old school fish wraps they are struggling to survive.

7. Lynn Patterson said on Monday, June 2, 2008, 18:39

No website…poor delivery

8. Michael said on Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 13:12

look for huge changes in the next 90 days.

9. Michael said on Friday, June 13, 2008, 10:39

It’s been a long wait, but we’re finally making some headway in getting this publication online. The sdvoice.com site has been updated; check it out.

10. Faye said on Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 11:45

How can I et a back copy of your newspaper? I went to all the places that i know that they are sold and I could not find it for July 23,2008

11. Ace said on Thursday, August 14, 2008, 20:53

These are just a few words of constructive criticism from a member of the African American community. I have only been living here a few years, and have just discovered this publication. As far as first impressions go, to be truly honest, I am disappointed and somewhat embarrassed as an African American at the quality of writing that goes into this newspaper. We as a people have strived to prove that we are intelligent, cultured, and can be taken seriously. But, as I read this paper(Thursday August 7, 2008), the sheer amount of bad grammar, misused punctuation, and misspelled words upset me profusely. Does anyone use a spell-check program over there?? Who does the proofreading and final approval before the paper goes to print?? Someone is CLEARLY not doing their job. What upset me the most was the obituary section, which prompted me to write this letter. Please read that section again, and anyone who does will agree with me. I don’t know any of the people who passed away, but I feel COMPLETELY mortified for the families after reading these…a HORRIBLE injustice was done to the deceased. I sincerely hope that the families did not have to pay for such shoddy workmanship. It seems that the obituaries towards the end of the list got the least attention, some of which look like they got no attention at all. Those families deserve better. The community deserves better. I know you can do better. I want to become an avid reader of this publication, and I know that simple proofreading will improve the readability ten-fold, so please, take pride in your craft and make sure that the product you present is not sub-standard.

12. Sheryl said on Friday, August 22, 2008, 8:04

I see that the V&V hasn’t improved any in the 7 years I’ve been gone from San Diego. I wrote for two other Black papers – the SD Monitor News, and the African American NewsLink…and John Warren tried to get me to write for V&V – to no avail. It seems that he not only doesn’t value his writers, but he devalues his READERS by still publishing the same birdcage liners he always has! It’s a damned shame.

13. Michael said on Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 15:40

I’ve forwarded your comment directly to the owner.

14. Michael said on Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 10:42

I’d like to invite you all to join us at sdvoice.com

15. San Diego Voice & Viewpoint Site is Live said on Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 23:20

[...] 2004, I complained that the newspaper San Diego Voice & Viewpoint had no website. For several years nothing changed. Well, I’m happy to report that they do now have a website [...]

16. Randall Collins said on Thursday, September 24, 2009, 10:41

Well, 2009 is almost over, and still no Voice and Viewpoint web site. No surprise there. Yep, and the grammar hasn’t improved. Yes, the Voice and Viewpoint could be a valuable resource, but as long as John Warren is at the helm, this paper will remain in the stone ages — you can count on that.

17. Randall Collins said on Thursday, September 24, 2009, 10:42

Actually, they have a web site — but it hasn’t been updated since the presidential election. How pathetic.